Time Entry for Student Staff - FAQ

What if I don’t electronically sign and submit my timesheet on time?

You may not be paid on a timely basis. Electronic time reporting is a commonly used tool and familiarity with it will benefit you in future employment situations as either a staff member or supervisor. In order to be paid, your supervisor must submit a Payroll Manual Timesheet.

What if my supervisor is gone at the end of the payroll?

Each student staff member is assigned an alternate supervisor who can review and approve your time. Contact them directly if you do not receive confirmation that your time has been approved.

What if I worked in an earlier pay period but didn’t record all of my hours and now the timesheet is not accessible?

Your supervisor will need to contact Renie Thompson in Payroll at 336-278-5284 and submit a Payroll Manual Timesheet for the missed pay. Students should record and submit hours worked during the correct time period. It is imperative that students do not “stockpile” hours in order to receive one lump sum payment.

Why did my timesheet disappear from the selection screen?

The period of time to enter time closes on the Thursday following the last day of the pay period at 11:59 pm.

What if I entered hours wrong?

During the pay period you can correct hours entered in error yourself. After the pay period has closed and/or you have already submitted your timesheet, you should contact your supervisor immediately for assistance. They may reject your previous submission for you to correct and resubmit or assist with correcting the time directly. If your supervisor has already approved and submitted your time and it is after the deadline for supervisor approval; they will need to contact Renie Thompson in Payroll at 336-278-5284 for assistance.

What do I do if my position doesn’t show on the screen?

First, contact your supervisor for assistance and be sure your supervisor has approved your work agreement for this position. Next, contact Donna Boggs in Human Resources at 336-278-5560 to ensure your work agreement has been entered. Finally, contact Renie Thompson in Payroll at 336-278-5284 to ensure there are no other problems. Note that students will not be set up with access to Web Time Entry and should not be working until the work agreement is completed and submitted.

What if I am paid by stipend?

Stipend requests for stipends will be paid using the bi-weekly schedule. Contact Renie Thompson in Payroll at 336-278-5284 with any questions.

What if I do not sign my timesheet but my supervisor approves it?

A student will be paid if their supervisor approves the timesheet. Signing your timesheet is always the best process to follow. Signing the timesheet without the student’s signature is your supervisor's decision.

What if I do not work in a certain position anymore?

Contact the supervisor of that position and have them contact Renie Thompson in Payroll at 336-278-5284 or rthompson8@elon.edu on how to remove you from their list of student staff.-


Article ID: 77554
Mon 5/6/19 1:31 PM
Thu 2/25/21 9:53 AM
Internal or External